Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Children's Book Week

It's Children's book week!!

I LOVE Children's books! Seriously, I L.O.V.E them. I wanted to study children's literature in college but Biology stole my heart. :) 

I dream of one day being an author of children's books. That's kinda personal, can't believe I just put that out there! Anyway, I would totally ROCK at it.

Just sayin'.

But seriously, this week is the week to recognize some awesome children's books and authors, to grow your library at home and to read, read, READ to your kiddos!! (Or to yourself!) So, in honor of Children's Book Week I thought I would share some of our favorite books around here. Of course there are the obvious winners, like "The Giving Tree" and "Goodnight Moon" and such, but here are a few personal fav's of mine and Coen's. I'll try and keep the list short...

Coen's Favorites:

"Rainbow Rob"by Roger Priddy

Such a great book! He's always loved this one. See?

It's been taped back together numerous times.


"Hooray for Fish" by Lucy Cousins

Again, an all time fav...

"Blue Hat, Green Hat" by Sandra Boynton

Hilarity! Even Coen gets the humor. I adore Susan Boynton books.


"Go, Dog, Go" by P.D. Eastman
A new favorite. Actually it's more like an addiction. We read this, like, five times a day.

I have to add this one my mom has at her house...
"There's a Bird on Your Head" by Mo Willems
He cracks up when Grammy reads him this book!
My Favorites:

A Childhood fav I found at JBF because God loves me,
"Pancakes for Breakfast" by Tomie dePaola
LOVE him!

Of course "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak
So beautifully written.

"Olivia" by Ian Falconer
DUH!

"The Big Red Barn" by Margaret Wise Brown
A great night time book.
Nothing too original but man is my wish list looonngg! :)

You can find more information about Children's Book Week here!

No comments: