Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time to start stopping....

'Tis the season to start handmade crafts and gifts and never, ever, ever finish them. Every year I am inspired by all of the new products, trinkets and gifts on display. I look, I love....."You want how much for this!?!?". "I can make that myself!!"

I'm sure I could. I want to. I buy all of the stuff I need. I start. I get busy. I get distracted. I stop. I pack it up and promise to finish it later. I don't.

Not this year though! This year will be different!! I am going to finish my old projects AND finish my new ones!! Just watch! And to prove it and keep myself accountable and motivated, I am writing it here. Here are the projects I have so far. Before pictures if you will.....

 
Welcome to our home!! This sad sight is the first thing you see when you walk into our home. Horrifying isn't it? I feel so defeated by this wall. I collected these "F"s (Which stand for Ferguson) over several months. My PLAN was to decorate each one of these "F's differently. Decoupage sheet music, paint, ribbons, beads, material. They are going to be awesome. When I get them finished that is.



This little rocking horse was and exceptional find in my parents attic. I didn't know they still had it!! It was given to my parents when I was born and was painted maroon and white with A&M logos on it. My mom re-painted it white and pink when the three of us girls were little. As you can see, it is in sorry shape. I wanted Coen to have a rocking horse and now it looks like he will! The goal is to have it finished by Christmas. It needs to be stripped, sanded, stained and sealed. I bought a Honey Oak type of stain and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I might even add some embellishments!
 
What's that old girl? You're excited too? Good! deal!!

My other craft is something I have never done before. I'm going to try my hand at tassels. I found a simple tutorial here . I bought some of the starter supplies yesterday and now all I have to do is buy my tassel material , pompoms, ribbon etc. . I can't wait to see how they turn out! Wish me luck!!



No comments: