Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moving Day

This day was harder than I thought it was going to be. It wasn't until I heard my voice echo throughout the living room that it hit me.

 I'm not coming home. I've lived here six years. Six of the eight years we've been married have been spent between these walls.
 We were babies when we moved here. Speaking of babies...
 This wasn't even here when we moved in. We only added it on because we were going to have a baby.

Our baby boy. 
I tape and bedded this room in the middle of the summer, five...six months pregnant. Coen and Wallace both came home here. 
Home.
Home here.
There were balloons.
I rocked them both to sleep in this room. Too many times to count.
Now we're moving. I don't remember why I thought I could do this. Why are we leaving our barn??

I had been crying before we took this picture. We had to balance the camera on empty boxes and a trash can. I love this man. I'll go anywhere, and leave any "home" to be with this man. With him, I AM home. We made this barn a home, and I'll miss it. It's hard to leave a place filled with so many good memories, and it's hard to make good memories without someone you love.

2 comments:

Lori said...

This made me cry! It's been awhile since I was in your precious barn... before the boys were part of your family. You guys have done so much to it. Graham and I have never had a place I felt like was our "home". We've moved 4 times in our 9 years together. I can only imagine how hard it is to leave it but think of all the memories your boys will have in your new home. They were little in the barn. This new home will be their 'home'. And you've got a good man to follow!!

Ryan said...

Awe Amy you are making me cry!